Wednesday, December 2, 2009

L&H Xmas


Laurel & Hardy. Always reminds me of Christmas somehow. Well, at least this short film of 193o Below Zero does.






























It's set during what looks to be a particularly bad winter for the comedy duo in which we find them as
street buskers, down on their luck as always, trying to scrape a buck or two together. Stan plays a small keyboard (harpsichord?) and Oli plays the double bass.

It's my favourite short from them and I usually play it around Xmas time, mainly due to the winter setting and also because it also reminds me of the school holidays which usually began around the 20th or so. I can't remember the last time Laurel & Hardy was shown on BBC Two - got to be over a decade now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you own the rights to any media I use here and would wish me to withdraw it, please get in touch. Ta.